Are you a writer/director/producer with a project in development? Do you already have a first expose/synopsis of your story and are about to write a treatment or a first script version? Would you and/or your team like to be able to visualize your story and decide which path to take in its further development? Then apply to our call of projects.
Every film project starts with a spark of an idea. Gradually the idea turns into a story with its characters, plot and underlying theme. This creative process is a long and strenuous path full of questions to answer and decisions to take. This is where a method called Handling Ideas can help.
Individual project mapping session
Using objects to prototype your story creativity specialist Paul Tyler (UK) will, together with you, reveal the motives, assumptions and conflicts that can make or break your project and thus help you make your creative decisions.
When mapping out your story, you'll consciously or subconsciously reveal the priorities and the relationships between the elements within your work. Seeing your thoughts in front of you immediately creates a feedback mechanism, you become more open to criticism, more able to contribute and far more critical and creative in your thinking. By seeing, choosing, touching and moving objects, your responses will become more physical and your ideas, concepts and projects more tangible.
The session will combine intensive interview and mapping technique applied to your story. It will take place in public, in front of a professional audience, on 27th June 2017, from 10 to 12 a.m., during the 35th International Film Festival in Munich. The event will be held in English.
Paul Tyler founded his Handling Ideas method out of a 25-year career spanning television, digital media and theatre. Nominated for a BAFTA and BBC Creativity Award, he has worked with 80 clients, 500 projects in 20 countries, including the Danish & Swedish Film Institutes, EAVE, Venice Biennale College, Nordisk Film and TV Fond, and The Royal Academy of Arts in UK.
Applications are open for writers, directors, producers and creative teams who fulfil the following conditions:
- 1 -4 pages of synopsis/Exposé in English
- Preferably fiction
- Preferably not the first project of the applicant (writing experience necessary)
- Applications must be submitted at the latest on 1st June 2017, by email to the Creative Europe Desk Munich. They must contain the story synopsis/Exposé in English and a short bio of the applicant.
- Out of all submitted applications Paul Tyler will select one project for the session. The successful applicant will be informed by 7th June and in addition receive a free accreditation to the 35thInternational Film Festival in Munich.
- By submitting the project, the applicant agrees to take part in the public session with Paul Tyler on 27th June 2017.
For any questions related to the application or the session with Paul Tyler please contact the organisers:
Creative Europe Desk Munich, info(at)ced-muenchen.eu; phone +49 89 544 603 30.